125 Main Street
Montesano, WA 98563-3794
Library Manager: Valerie Jester
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
||10 am - 4 pm|
Montesano Library services:
- Books, videotapes, DVDs, CDs, newspapers, magazines, audio- and videotapes for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Library Board and Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
- Visit the Friends of the W.H. Abel Memorial Library website.
About the Library:
The Montesano Library was built in 1960 by the Abel family as a memorial to W. H. Abel. It served as a headquarters library for the Grays Harbor Rural Library District. With the vote to establish the Timberland Regional Library district in 1968, it became the property of TRL.
- Circulation: 68,111
- Population: 4,050
- Status: Annexed city, TRL-owned building
- Square Footage: 7,486
|Author Visit: "Simon's Cross: Turning Tragedy into Triumph"|
|Montesano Timberland Library||Tue., May. 21||12:00 PM|
|Local author Rob Wickes will discuss his new book, "Simon's Cross: Turning Tragedy into Triumph," a poignant true story of two ordinary people: a woman who constantly struggles with both physical and psychological demons and a man whose mission it is to help her bear the terrible burden of her own cross of suffering.|
|DATE changed - PageTurners Book Discussion|
|Montesano Timberland Library||Wed., May. 22||6:30 PM|
|Join in a discussion of "Out Stealing Horses" by Per Petterson. This event will be held after regular library hours and no other library services will be available.|
|Skunk Cabbage and Chittum Bark by Bob Dick and Darrel White|
|Montesano Timberland Library||Thu., May. 23||7:00 PM|
|Join Bob Dick for a glimpse into life in the rural backwoods of his youth as described in Skunk Cabbage and Chittum Bark: Sons of the Wynooche by Mr. Dick and Darrel White. The unique lifestyle the authors lived is unlikely to be repeated in modern America. They grew up in the Wynooche Valley and through anecdotes and stories bring the Olympic Peninsula of the 1950s and 60s vividly to life. Written with zest and humor, the memoir creates a portrait of resilience, hard work, and numerous brushes with fate.|
|Staff Training - Montesano library closed|
|Montesano Timberland Library||Fri., May. 24||All Day|
|The Montesano Timberland Library will be closed Friday, May 24 for staff training. The library will resume its regular schedule Saturday, May 25. The Aberdeen, Elma, Hoquiam and Westport Timberland libraries will be open as usual. For Timberland library locations, hours and other information see the library's website at www.TRL.org or call 1-800-562-6022 to speak with a Central Reference librarian.|