158 First Avenue North
Ilwaco, WA 98624-0520
Library Manager: Kristine Pointer
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
||10 am - 3 pm|
Ilwaco Library services:
- Books, videotapes, DVDs, CDs, newspapers, magazines, audio- and videotapes for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Library Board and Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
About the Library:
The Ilwaco Timberland Library is housed in the Ilwaco Community Building, owned by the City of Ilwaco. The Community Building underwent major renovation which started in March 2008. The opening day for the Library in the renovated, expanded space is April 6, 2009. The renovated library has about 1,200 additional square feet for books and other library materials, computers and comfortable reading areas. The Community Building also has a new community meeting room.
Library service in Ilwaco began with 1,700 square feet in a building shared with the Senior Center and the Historical Society. By way of grants and hard work by the City, Friends and local TRL staff, the building was thoroughly renovated and expanded by 1,000 square feet in 1998. A new circulation desk, improved lighting, new furniture, and expanded stacks and collections were included in the renovation.
- Circulation: 51,059
- Population: 940
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 2,605