400 N. Market Boulevard
P.O. Box 419
Chehalis, WA 98532-0419
Library Manager: Corine Aiken
||10 am - 8 pm|
||10 am - 8 pm|
||10 am - 7 pm|
||10 am - 5 pm|
||10 am - 4 pm|
Chehalis Library services:
- Books, videotapes, DVDs, CDs, newspapers, magazines, audio- and videotapes for all ages and interests.
- Downloadable audiobooks, ebooks, videos and music.
- Public computers with Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Online Reference Databases, including: online magazines and newspapers, encyclopedias, auto manuals, standardized tests.
- Free wireless Internet access
- Programs and events for children and adults.
- A public meeting room can be reserved for community meetings and programs by calling the Library.
- Local Library Board and Friends group - Call the Library for more information.
About the Library:
The new Carnegie-inspired Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland Library opened to the public on November 4, 2008. The Grand Opening Ceremony for the new Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland was on Saturday, October 18.
The library features 9,000 square feet, a large community room and Washington’s first drive-through library window. The ADA compliant building includes spaces especially for children and teens as well as comfortable reading areas. In addition, there is a small conference room and two small study rooms.
Private donations large and small provided most of the funding. The library is named in honor of the mother of former Chehalis resident, Orin Smith, the new library’s chief donor.
The new library was built on the site of the previous Chehalis Library and Chehalis City Hall. The old Chehalis Library was a Carnegie building erected in 1910. The building was significantly remodeled after an earthquake in 1949. Chehalis joined the library district in 1970.
- Circulation: 207,727
- Population: 7,345
- Status: Annexed city, city-owned building
- Square Footage: 9,000
|Staff Training - Chehalis library closed|
|Chehalis Timberland Library||Fri., May. 24||All Day|
|The Vernetta Smith Chehalis Timberland Library will be closed Friday, May 24 for staff training. The library will resume its regular schedule Saturday, May 25. The Centralia, Salkum and Winlock Timberland libraries will be open as usual. For Timberland library locations, hours and other information see the library's website at www.TRL.org or call 1-800-562-6022 to speak with a Central Reference librarian.|