Timberland Regional Library Needs "Friends" Like You!
2013 Friends and Boards Forum
See details about the 2013 Friends and Boards Forum on April 20 in Centralia.
Become a Friend of your local Timberland Library.
Who are the Friends of the Library?
- Friends of the Library are people of all ages who love reading as much as you do. They help kids, seniors – everyone – get the benefit of a great library. Friends know that the library is an essential part of their community’s quality of life.
- As a non-profit group promoting their library, Friends support the Timberland Regional Library mission to provide information, resources, services and places where all people are free to read, learn, connect and grow.
When do the Friends meet?
- It’s a wonderful way to have fun and make friends while performing a worthwhile community service.
- There’s a project for every talent and time schedule.
- This is an organization where you can make a difference. We need you! Please join us.
Why do we need Friends?
- Your local library is a branch of the Timberland Regional Library system, a property tax supported institution providing library services at 27 libraries in five counties.
- While we’re fortunate to have the collective resources of a large library system, there are many important local programs and services that are not covered by Timberland’s budget. That’s where Friends come in.
- Each Timberland library has a Friends group that raises funds to support special projects and activities.
What do Friends do?
- Conduct used book sales to help pay for important library projects.
- Help pay for special library programs for children, teens and adults.
- Promote use of the library’s services and materials.
- Help organize programs and events that increase the library’s involvement and visibility in the community.
- Serve as community advocates for the library.
- Purchase special items for the library.
- Encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to help build the library collections and fund special projects.